You are here
- “Indian Supreme Court and Environment,” Environmental Law and Practice, April 2018, with Mukta Batra.
- “Climate Change and the Patent Regime: Are Patents the Answer?,” April 2018, with Aditya Vora, Pranay Modi and Sangram Parab, Journal of the IIT Kharagpur Law School.
- “Challenging the Proposed Carmichael Mine Before the UN,” Environmental Policy and Law, 48/1 (2018), with Pratheek Reddy.
- “Economic Approaches to Clean Energy,” NUJS Law Review, December 2017, with Aditya Vora, Shreyangshi Gupta and Kshitij Bansal.
- “Rivers as Legal Entities,” Environmental Policy and Law, 47/2 (2017), with Dushyant Kaul.
- “Elephants, Ivory and CITES,” Environmental Policy and Law, 47/1 (2017), with Dhiren Sehgal.
- “Mining Cases and Vedanta,” NLS Environment Journal, January, 2017 with Manan Shishodia.
- “Public Trust Doctrine,” Environmental Policy and Law, with Aditya Vora, 2016.
- “Chronic Kidney Disease of Uncertain Origin,” TRUTHOUT, February 24, 2016.
- “Tracing the History of GATT Article XX [b] and [g] Disputes,” Environmental Policy and Law 45/6 (2015) with Aditya Vora.
- “Waste to Energy projects: Comparing Approaches,” Environmental Policy and Law 45/4 (2015), with Harsh Vardhan Bhati.
- “Illegal Smuggling of Ozone-Depleting Substances,” Environmental Policy and Law 45/2 (2015) with Siddharth Johar.
- “The Dutch Disease,” chapter in Natural Resources in India, P. Bhat ed. 2015
- “State Minister Jailed: Illegal Mining in Bellari,” Environmental Policy and Law, 45/1 (2015), with Titus James.
- “Assessing the National Green Tribunal After Four Years, Journal of Indian Law and Society, 2015, with Geetanjoy Sahu.
- “Interlinking Indian Rivers,” Environmental Law Reporter, May 2014 (with George Jain).
- “Tellez v. Dole: Nicaragua Banana Workers Confront the U.S. Judicial System,” commenting on pending cases against the Dole Banana Company, Golden Gate L. Rev. Spring, 2014 (with Stephen Roblin).
- “Kiobel v. Royal Dutch Petroleum: The Supreme Court Advances Corporate Interests and Eviscerates the Alien Tort Claims Act of 1789,” commenting on
- the US Sup. Ct. case Kiobel v. Shell (2013), published by CEERA, Bangalore, 2015 (with James Goodwin).
- “The Current State of Environmental Litigation in India,” in Down to Earth Magazine, March, 2011 (with Geetanjoy Sahu and Ayesha Khan). Also presented at the International Law Section, American Bar Association, April 6, 2011.
- “Environmental Compliance and Enforcement in India,” a report to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, January 2011, unpublished manuscript.
- “Environmental Law in India and Pakistan,” chapter in The Law and Politics of Sustainability, Berkshire Press, 2011 (with Dominic Nardi).
- “Transboundary Environmental Issues in the Indian Sub-Continent,” Env. Policy and Law, December, 2010 (with A. G. Jain and Raeesa Vakil).
- “Requirements of Justice [the Bhopal disaster],” Economic and Political Weekly, Nov. 13-19, 2010 (with Sairam Bhat).
Professor of Law and Public Policy
A.B. (Princeton University); J.D.; M.A. and Ph.D. (Stanford University)
Armin Rosencranz is a lawyer and political scientist (AB, Princeton; JD, MA, PhD Stanford). He has taught at Berkeley(1987-94) and Stanford (1994-2012). He founded and led an international environmental NGO, Pacific Environment (1987-96). At Stanford, his courses were listed in ten departments, from history to biology, and he received three teaching awards. He is the co-author of Environmental Law and Policy in India (3d ed. forthcoming) and Climate Change Science and Policy( 2010). He has had five Fulbright grants, a program record.