- Developing a global partnership
- Improve Health Systems
- Eradicating extreme poverty & hunger
- Ensuring environment sustainability
- Sanitation and Waste Management,
- Energy security
Objectives of the center
The JGBS center for Corporate Sustainability is a multidisciplinary research and education centre which visualizes becoming a prominent Centre of Excellence through Teaching, Training, Research and Advocacy in the area of Corporate Sustainability by creating and disseminating knowledge and providing a strong support to the country in achieving economic empowerment and environmental sustainability by enabling the enterprises to pursue their sustainability goals, resulting in a prosperous India. It intends to facilitate, strategize, nurture and promote the feasible, sustainable and relevant sustainability activities by utilizing the intellectual caliber that includes the best of the faculty members in varied disciplines of science and technology and management and thereby creating the positive impact of the sustainability initiatives of both the Public and Private sector enterprises to the society.
Some of the objectives that can be met through the Centre are:
Activities of the Center:
- Capacity Building of Enterprises and NGO’s
- Identification of current industry, academic and R & D needs.
- Identification of funding sources under CSR activities
- Identification of Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) and Private Sector for need based funding
- To establish collaborations with various research agencies, universities and practitioners in India and abroad.
- To disseminate the knowledge on Corporate Sustainability by associating with recognized National & International Institutions, Research Agencies and different business forums engaged in similar activities.
- To conduct training courses, conferences, seminars, management development programs and undertake consultancy.
- To promote and develop the research capabilities and the professional activities; and offer assistance to industries by Initiating advanced research projects that will strengthen its role as a leading centre for research under hot and harsh environment in the world.
- To Guide the enterprises and NGO’s to expand their horizons of CSR initiatives by our technical and management expertise.
- To conduct baseline, need assessment and social impact assessment surveys on behalf of enterprises.
The proposed Center of Excellence promises to strike the odds by reemphasizing the participation of Educational Institutions in achieving the National Development Goals, especially in terms of goals that can be achieved through Science and Technology innovations. The proposed CoE will also be positive on taking up research scholars in the said areas.
- Executive Development Programs
- Short Term Certificate Courses
- Masters and PhD level Programs
- Academia – Industry Tie Ups and Joint projects
- Conferences and Workshops
- An International Journal Publication on CSR and Sustainable Development
Principles of Sustainable Development
Environmental Justice & Sustainability
Sustainability, Economics, and Development
Corporate Governance & Social Responsibility
Innovation & Change Management
Social Sector Policies and Management
Policy Analysis and Design for Sustainable Development
Global Sustainable Development
Business Models for Sustainable Energy
Natural Resource and Energy Economics
Sustainability: The Social Dimension
Microeconomics for Policy Analysis
Comparative Governance Paradigms
Quantitative Techniques and Research Method
Corporate Finance & Financial Markets
Designing & Managing Programmes
Managing People and Performance in Organizations
Environmental Policies and Perspectives
Creating Social Impact:
The proposed center would make a social impact in the ways mentioned below:
- By sensitizing the students of JGU on the community development issues and develop a sense of social responsibility amongst them. The Independent Student R&D centre will also be constituted for implementing few of these projects. The objectives of this R & D centre will be formulated with the major challenges of the community in mind. These objectives will further help the students to lay the foundation of a model, directed to meet the problems.
- The center will promote the two way partnership in which the faculty and staff of the institute will be taking up the initiatives towards sustainable development. In addition to this, center will initiate number of joint research based programmes like Ph.Ds. and Master degree in the proposed area. This center will be primarily funded by MHRD (GOI), industry and the participating University/ institute in India/abroad.
Long term Sustainability
The Centre will strive to develop strong industry linkages to obtain specific areas based and solutions based project financing from the industry to develop core competence. Once settled in activities, the CoE should be primarily supported from the external funds like student fee, technical course sponsorship, endowment, and industrial tie- ups and Joint Ventures, and research grants, inclusive of bilateral research grants. Strong engagement with the industry will be permanent focus of the centre to create win-win situations for the industry in India. However, wherever possible, leverages from the already existing funding agencies like government and endowment funding can be used to support CoE in the initial years.
- Capacity Building of Enterprises, NGO’s and related: Involves providing education, training and sharing of information. It aims at mobilizing resources by enhancing cooperation amongst all stakeholders on issues concerning corporate responsibility. This synergy would result into more equitable development through various initiatives such as decent health services, education, housing, water and sanitation, energy, financial services or apt technology and preparedness for coping with natural disasters.
- Designing, Drafting and communicating the annual Sustainability Reports: Involves guiding clients through the sustainability reporting process by providing them tools, strategies and effective solutions for designing, drafting and communicating the Sustainability reports to various stakeholders. It aims at bringing about business communication transparency, which would result into a work environment of mutual benefit by incorporating trust amongst various stakeholders.
- Impact Assessment, Monitoring and Evaluation: Involves evaluation of consequences of various prospective and ongoing Sustainability initiatives, monitoring their progress, identifying problems and suggesting relevant solutions to corporates. Aims at productive implementation of the Sustainability activities and guiding future decision making by the stakeholders.
- Knowledge Management Initiatives: Involves initiatives for knowledge creation and knowledge dissemination. Aims at creating awareness of corporate responsibility.
- Needs Assessment: Involves analyzing needs of an organization on the basis of competition and social issues being faced by it. Aims at creating equity between profitability and fulfillment of responsibility towards society.
- Recognizing and honoring innovations in Sustainability area: Involves fostering innovation and encouraging new ideas that benefit business, customers, environment and the society at large. Aims at raising the standard of living of the poor by providing them necessary goods and services taking into consideration both quality and performance.
- Research and Development: Involves carrying out case studies for effective research, finding out the requirements to be met for the progress of economically weaker sections of society and accordingly performing developmental work for fulfillment of these requirements. Aims at getting optimal solutions to application of Sustainability initiatives by the corporate.
- Seminars, Workshops and Conferences on Sustainability and related functions: Involves conducting interactive sessions, training programs for dissemination of information on Corporate Sustainability. Aims at communication of ideas for facilitating better understanding of Sustainability initiatives.
- Advisory Role for Enterprises on Policy and Program Implementation: Involves guiding companies on policy development and actualization of programs keeping in view the interests of various stakeholders. It involves working with companies to deliver strategies oriented towards sustainability. Aims at proving pragmatic roadmap to the corporate for implementation of corporate responsibility.