You are here
- “Transnational Activism and the Dalit Women's Movement in India” in Heidi Moksnes and Mia Melin (ed), Global Civil Society: Shifting Power in a Shifting World , Uppsala:Uppsala Centre for Sustainable Development, Uppsala University, January 2012.
- “Les quotas sont entrés au village”. Alternatives Internationales (Paris), Volume No. 46, March 2010.
- “A "Humane" AFSPA: Real or Rhetoric?” Mainstream Weekly Vol. XLV. No. IX. February 2007.
- “Why is POTO Essential?” The Assam Tribune. 10 January 2002.
- Assistant Professor, Centre for Women’s Studies, Tata Institute of Social Sciences (2009-2012).
- Research Assistant, The Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies (IPCS), New Delhi (December 2006- June 2007).
- Visiting Doctoral Fellow, Centre for Women’s and Gender Studies, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada, (July 2008-January 2009).
- 25th May 2010. Orientation Programme, Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute, New Delhi, India: Presentation on Doctoral Research and Sharing of Key Findings.
- 15th January 2009. Pòle de recherché sur l’Inde et l’Asie du Sud (PRIAS)/ Research Pole on India and South Asia. University of Montreal, Quebec, Canada: “The Politics of Representation: Women, Caste and Panchayati Raj Institutions”.
- 22nd October 2008. Lecture Series, Centre for Women’s and Gender Studies, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada: “Political Representation of Schedule Caste Women in Panchayati Raj Institutions in India: A Critical Evaluation”.
- Lifetime membership of Indian Association for Women's Studies (IAWS)
Associate Professor & Director of the Office of Student Life & Cultural Engagement and Executive Director, Centre for Women, Law & Social Change
B.A. (Hons.), M.A. (Delhi), M.Phil. (JNU), Ph.D. (JNU)
Dr. Upasana Mahanta is an Associate Professor & Director of the Office of Student Life & Cultural Engagement and Executive Director, Centre for Women, Law & Social Change, Jindal Global Law School, O.P. Jindal Global University. Prior to joining Jindal Global University, she was working as an Assistant Professor in Centre for Women's Studies, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai. Dr. Mahanta has completed her Ph.D. from Centre for Canadian, US and Latin American Studies, School of International Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. She was also a Shastri Doctoral Fellow in the Centre for Women's and Gender Studies, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada. Dr. Mahanta's research interests include role of women in emergent political institutions; gendered understanding of conflict; women organizing and resisting in insecure contexts; and examining development through a gendered lens.
Journal/News Paper Articles
Membership of Professional Association