Center for Afghanistan Studies Internship Guidelines
Center for Afghanistan Studies (CAS) provides internship opportunities for all students of JGU who preferably have a background in–but not limited to–history, sociology, political science, international relations and public policy. This is a voluntary internship that enables students to get practical experiences through variety of activities. CAS accepts applications for internships on a rolling basis for a minimum period of eight weeks. The intern will work closely with the CAS management team to assist in the center’s activities.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Assist in preparing information and research materials
- Assist in administrative duties of the center
- Organize center’s events i.e. movie screenings, trainings, workshops, conferences etc.
- Regularly update center’s website content
- Engage audience through regular posts on the center’s social media platform
- Publicize center’s blog among students
- Contribute a minimum of two articles or one research paper to the center’s blog
- Assist in conducting research projects
- Any other activity assigned by the team
Criteria & Qualifications
- Full time student enrolled in the under–graduate or Postgraduate program at JGU
- Proficient computer skills
- Excellent command of English language
- Dari and Pashto language skills are preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work individually and as a team player
- Ability to execute assigned tasks in given deadlines
Please note interns are not offered any remuneration. Your application must be accompanied by a detailed CV; a one-page cover letter stating why you wish to intern with the center; and one short writing sample of 800 words. Interested candidates may send in their applications to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.