To create an institution which fosters excellence in research, thought leadership, teaching, professional training and curriculum development in corporate social responsibility and sustainable development by fostering national and global collaborative networks towards creating a more socially, economically and environmentally inclusive world.
To develop a critical mass of trained human capital of students and faculty by engaging in cross-disciplinary research and defining the role of the higher education sector as a ‘critical stakeholder’ capable of serving as a ‘honest broker’ in engaging the corporation, the state agencies and civil society to create a more equitable and inclusive society in India and beyond.
- Campus Sustainability- to create a university community who cares inclusively about People, the Planet and shared Prosperity;
- Research, Training & Capacity-building- to foster excellence as a center for research, training and capacity-building by embedding a multi-stakeholder approach;
- Curriculum Development and Academic Programs- to develop and deliver academic content relevant to societal sustainability and human capital development needs;
- Sustainability Knowledge Portal- to create a collaborative culture by bringing together diverse stakeholders bonded by a common passion for sustainability
- The Higher Education Sustainability Initiative (HESI)- UNESCO
- Knowledge for Change (K4Change)- UNESCO Chair for Social Responsibility in higher Education
- UNESCO/UNESCO Chair of Social Responsibility (University of Victoria, Canada & Participatory Research in Asia, India)
- Institute for the Study of Corporate Social Responsibility, Ryerson University, Canada
- University of Regina, Canada
- And many more strategic partnerships in India and the world are being developed.
Executive Director: Amit Lahiri, Chief Sustainability Officer, O.P. Jindal Global University, India