Charcha is a forum for discussion of and engagement with ideas. The blog has been conceptualised in keeping with the vision of CAS of a commitment to an exchange of knowledge and ideas across societies and disciplines. We encourage young researchers, students and academics to offer contributions analysing recent developments in Afghanistan and the region. Contributions are encouraged on, but not limited to:
- Society and Culture
- Security and Foreign Policy
We accept contributions on three languages:
Blog posts are broadly expected to adhere to the following guidelines:
- The length of the blog posts should be between 1,000-1,500 words.
- The blog posts should be written in a manner that they are accessible to a wider, non-specialist audience.
- Blog posts can include images (not more than four) and tables, graphs. These source for these must be appropriately cited.
- Please include a short author biography along with an email.
All blog posts must be submitted to the Editor via email (email@example.com). The editorial team would require 5-7 working days to review your blog post prior to publication. Please feel free to get in touch with our editorial team to share and/ or discuss ideas/ topics that you may be interested to publish on. Please note all blog posts would be subject to an editing process which may include suggestions for additions, deletions or revisions.
- Cooperation between Indian Armed Forces and Afghan Armed Forces [Download PDF]
- Indo-Afghan Relations: Turning a new page under Modi? [Download PDF]
- An Overview of Multi-National State Re-Building through the aegis of the ISAF [Download PDF]
- Afghan Parliament since 2015 [Download PDF]
- Afghan Drug War [Download PDF]
- Understanding Post-9/11 Afghanistan [Download PDF]
- Nawruz Celebration in Mazar-i-Sharif [Download PDF]
- Women in Afghanistan: Past, Present and Future[Downlod PDF]
- Afghanistan’s Unending War [Downlod PDF]
- Decoding the Growing Relations between Russia and the Taliban : Reasons and Implications [Downlod PDF]
- US NSA’s visit to South Asia – implications for India[Downlod PDF]
- Afghanistan: A Country Profile [Downlod PDF]
- Inaugural edition of Charcha, Centre for Afghanistan Studies (CAS) online blog. Hima Bindu in conversation with Mr. Omaid Sharifi, founder of path-breaking initiative Art Lords, Kabul, Afghanistan. FEBRUARY 2017.
- The Af-Pak dispute[Downlod PDF]